The weather in the UK is often rainy and stays chilly for large parts of the year. Working dogs, or simply pets that need outdoor exercise, can get cold, wet, and miserable when left indoors on a regular basis. With this in mind, the best solution for the cold may be a dog fleece jumper.
However, a random dog jumper won’t keep your pet dry. Try the Polartec dog fleece jumper from Equafleece, your trusted vendor for more than 20 years. Equafleece® dog fleece sweaters will not only keep the cold out, but also leave them dry.
Are Equafleece Dog Jumpers Waterproof?
Not only are Equifleece’s Polartec® dog fleece jumpers warm and rainproof, but they will also actually help to dry your dog. The secret is in the materials used, and the design of the dog fleece jumper.
Equafleece® dog fleeces are made in such a way that several things happen:
- The garments are made with a non-absorbent fleece, with a design that can withstand anything short of a very long trip outside in torrential rain.
- A combination of the dog’s body heat, along with the fleece itself, means that the moisture doesn’t penetrate the outer surface of the dog fleece jumper. There may be droplets on the outside, but the dog wearing the fleece jumper enjoys being toasty and comfortable beneath.
- The layer of warm air that makes the Equafleece® dog fleece jumper resist moisture seeping in also helps it to dry – the body heat causes moisture from the body to travel to the surface and then evaporate. Impressive huh!
What are the Materials used on the Equafleece Dog Jumper?
The specific material used in the dog fleece jumpers is high performance woven polyester Polartec® 200 fleece, the kind that is used to produce gear for mountaineers. So, dog owners can be confident of its performance.
The design is specifically suited to dogs that are outside during cold, wet, and clammy weather, where a combination of the non-absorbent material and the design which allows body warmth to permeate and dry the outside surface makes the difference.
The specifics can be found on this spec sheet, published on the Equafleece website:
What Other Features are on the Equafleece Dog Fleece Jumpers?
The Equafleece dog jumpers have several other features that make them appealing to dog owners all over the world:
- Due to the non-absorbent nature of the dog fleece sweater, they dry fast as explained above. This means that even after a walk in the rain, you can usually take the dog jumper off, shake off the droplets and be ready to put it back on without making your pet uncomfortable inside a wet dog fleece jumper.
- The dog fleece sweater is breathable, which means air will continuously permeate from the body surface to the outside – so the dog will not struggle unless it’s unbearably hot and stuffy.
- The dog fleece jumper is washable, which means that not only will your pet stay dry, the odours and dirt that may build up during outdoor use during the rain and mud can easily be taken care of with a simple wash, though some common sense restrictions apply (see below).
- What’s even better, the fabric does not shrink, stretch, or even fade in colour if the washing is done properly.
What are the Problems and Precautions you should Know about on the Dog Fleece Jumper?
The many features in the dog fleece sweater may make you feel like the sky’s the limit in terms of the various conditions and uses you can put the dog jumper to.
While that is largely true with Equafleece’s superbly designed dog fleece jumper, there are a few precautions that you should take.
Here are a few of the main things to avoid:
- Due to the design of the dog fleece jumper, and the warm air trapped in between, even the breathable surface may not keep a dog, especially one with loads of hair, from overheating on an unusually hot day. So, if you bring your pet out with a dog jumper on, be cautious.
- A dog wearing a Polartec® dog fleece jumper should not go swimming. This dog fleece sweater does not function like a neoprene rubber wetsuit. The latter are impervious to water, oil, and heat. Fleece, on the other hand, will eventually absorb water so the dog jumper will get heavy and drag your pet down. Also, the shape will get stretched and distorted over time.
- When washing the dog fleece jumper, make sure that you use a non-bio detergent and NO fabric softener. Among detergents, do not use 2-in-1 or any special kinds.
What Dogs can use the Equafleece’s Dog Fleece Jumper?
Equafleece makes dog fleece sweaters with several customised fittings, but with certain long hair dogs, especially those that tend to mat a lot, the dog jumper may initially prove uncomfortable but this rare and they soon get used to it. As with any dog accessories and clothing you should keep an eye on your pet and make sure they are comfortable.
Where Can You Find the Dog Fleece Jumper?
The best place to buy a dog fleece sweater is from Travfurler. https://travfurler.com/products/hotterdog-dog-fleece-jumper
There are a huge number of choices, with design, colours, sizes and other customized features so you can choose what dog jumper is best suited for your furball.
Equafleece dog fleece jumpers are designed to make dogs of all shapes and sizes feel as comfortable as possible in Britain’s unpredictable weather. This in turn means that it will be suitable for most weather patterns anywhere in the world. Equafleece has built up a stellar reputation for their product suites and customer service, so you can feel safe with their products.